In this podcast I had the pleasure of talking with Matthew Fletcher, who uses Tongal to compete in online video contests.
“Tongal offers creative people the unique opportunity to work with brands and companies that need new and original video content, which means you can get paid to do what you love.”
So far, Matt has paid off 1/3 of his debt, just from contest winnings on Tongal. He has also used these contests to build up his portfolio, which has helped him stand out in a competitive job market. Being able to show the Barbie commercial he made as well as including these big brand names in his portfolio, he has actually landed and booked jobs.
Matthew also runs Contests for a Year: a year long experiment where he shares his commitment to entering a contest everyday for a year. So far he’s earned more than $12,000 which has helped him pay down even more debt.
Listen to the Podcast
Here’s what Matthew and I cover:
- About Tongal
- Who Should Use Tongal
- About His Project: Contests for a Year
- How He Manages His Full Time Job and Contest Work
- Websites to Use to Find Contests
- Google “contests sweepstakes”.
- About.com Contest Section.
- What Makes a Contest Worth His Time
- The $5,000 “Pay Yourself First” Video Contest that I Won
Full transcript coming soon.