Mobile phones provide us with help in countless ways.
One of the ways that is growing increasingly popular is through mobile coupons.
These coupons allow us to save money no matter where we are as long as we have our phones with us.
Since most of us carry our phones at all times, this can lead to great savings.
Types of Mobile Coupons
Mobile coupons refer to any type of discount deal that is obtained through a mobile phone. There are two common types of mobile coupons:
- Point of sale coupons for physical stores. These are coupons that you receive on the mobile phone. You do not need to print them out. The phone is scanned or a confirmation number is entered at the point of sale in order to receive the discount.
- Coupons for discounts on mobile purchases. It is becoming more and more common to use mobile phones to make payments for items purchased online. The best example is when you go online on your mobile phone to pay for a song or ringtone download. This type of coupon is a discount code that is entered into the phone at the time of checkout.
Ways of Receiving Mobile Coupons
Maybe you would love to get mobile coupons but don’t know how. There are three common ways of retrieving mobile coupons:
- Signing up for email offers of mobile coupons. There are various coupon sites all around the web that offer email newsletters including links to mobile coupons. These are sent to your email and can be retrieved via your smartphone. Another version of this method is to sign up for mobile coupons via text message.
- Searching on the mobile web for mobile coupons. Youâ€™re at a store and are about to make a purchase. Before you get in the checkout line, access the Internet through your mobile phone and do a search for related mobile coupons. You can search via search engines or social networking sites such as Twitter.
- Mobile coupon apps. As mobile coupons grow in popularity we are beginning to see phone apps designed specifically to send mobile coupons to your phone. Popular apps incorporate these coupons with the phoneâ€™s geo-location capabilities so that you automatically receive mobile coupons for stores and restaurants in the area where you are located.
Leading Mobile Coupon Apps
People who are interested in using mobile phone apps to receive these coupons should check out the following leading apps:
- Yowza. This mobile coupon app assists you in finding coupon deals for stores located closest to you at any given time.
- Coupon Sherpa. This is a popular coupon website that now has a mobile phone app to bring the site’s deals to your phone.
- Zavers. This is a coupon code site that allows you to sort through coupons and save them to a loyalty card that can be scanned for savings at stores. They also have a mobile phone option for receiving and redeeming deals.
- Cellfire. This is another website that also has a mobile phone option for finding and using coupons.
- The Coupons App. This app for Android phones sends barcodes to the phone that can be scanned for savings at checkout.
- ShopRite Weekly Specials. This app, sponsored by Kellogg, sends weekly grocery store coupons to your Android phone.
- Target coupon app. If you shop at this popular store then you may already know that it was among the first of the giant stores to release its own coupon app.
Top Tips for Saving Money with Mobile Coupons
Mobile coupons save you money by giving you a discount on your purchases. However there are things that you can do to increase your savings. Follow these tips:
- Use mobile coupon apps to find the best deal at the nearest store. This reduces the amount of money that you spend on gas going from store to store.
- Don’t allow mobile coupons to convince you to impulse buy items. It’s easy to want to get a good deal as soon as you see it especially if you’re already at the store. Think through your purchases before you buy.
- Combine mobile coupons with other coupons, discounts and deals to get the maximum savings on all of your purchases.
- Get in the habit of using mobile coupons regularly. The more often you use them, the more you are going to save!
Mitch is a blogger for savings.com, leading provider of dell coupons.