Zions Bank, member FDIC stands as one of the oldest banking institutions in the United States. In fact, it’s Utah’s oldest bank, founded in 1873. Zions Bank currently employs more than 2,700 individuals in the states of Utah and Idaho in 125 total branches. And while the physical brick and mortar business of Zions has sustained them for more than 100 years, it’s their online services that are now becoming more and more popular with savers and investors.
Zions Bank offers a wide variety of products online, they’re most popular coming from the Savings, Checking, Money Market and CD section of their site. Make sure that when you visit Zions Bank, you select the “Internet Only” tab, to view the current rates they offer consumers online.
Zions Bank Online Savings Account
The Zions Bank Online Savings Account is like most every other savings account online in that it is highly secure and easy to access (for you only!) anywhere you have internet access. With deposit interest rates dropping by the minute, Zions maintains a competitive 1.06% APY on their online savings account, keeping them in the upper echelon. Zions is publicly traded on the NASDAQ stock exchange under the symbol: ZION, so after you tuck your money away, you can invest in Zions as well.
- Sign up today for a Zions Bank Online Savings Account
Zions Bank Online Money Market Account
The Zions Bank MMA currently offers a competitive interest rate of 1.06% APY. When you compare that rate vs. banks like HSBC Direct, Ally and other, you’ll find that it’s just as good, if not better. Zions vows to always stay at the top of the rate chasing game so customers need not worry of finding a much better rate elsewhere. The interest customers received is not tiered, so no matter if you deposit $2,500 or $25,000, you will still receive the 1.11% advertised APY%. Please note however, that the minimum deposit to open the account is $1,000, and the account must have at least $2,500 in it to receive the highest APY.
Withdrawals from your online Zions MMA account carry the following restrictions:
- You may make an unlimited number of withdrawals from your account in person, by ATM, or by mail or messenger.
- You can make up to six transfers within a 30-day period via internet transfer, check, pre-authorized transfer, automatic transfer or telephone transfer
- $3.00 fee for withdrawals at a teller window. (Simply because this account is designed for internet savings)
Zions Bank Checking Account
Zions Bank offers a wide variety of checking account options for consumers. Seven total checking accounts are offered, six of which can be applied for online. A quick review of the checking accounts offered by Zions Bank are listed below:
- Gold Account Checking – Unlimited check writing, free personalized checks, better rates on savings and most consumer loans. There is a monthly fee associated with this account of $10, and a minimum balance requirement of $1,000.
- Gold Interest Checking – Earn interest on your checking account – in addition to all the money-saving benefits of a Gold Account. Again, a $10 monthly fee, but a $1,500 balance requirement. Click here for current interest rates.
- Gold Checking Plus – This account is designed exclusively for customers who maintain a high balance and want a higher interest rate. Includes all the benefits of a Gold account and more. $25 monthly fee, $25,000 minimum.
- Military Checking (N/A online) – Designed with active duty, guard/reserve personnel and their dependents, as well as veterans, retired military, enlistees, ROTC students, and DOD civilians in mind.
- FREE Checking – Free, unlimited check writing without worrying about maintaining a minimum balance. No monthly fees.
- Free Interest Checking – Again, free with unlimited check writing and no minimum balance or fees. Interest is earned on this account, but many of the Gold features are forfeited.
- Codegreen Student Checking – Free and discounted banking services, just for students. Free online banking and free bill pay are included. No monthly fee or minimum balance required.
Zions Bank CD’s
Last but not least, Zions Bank offers a variety of CD’s options for consumers. CD’s can be purchases in the standard time-frames of 3 months, up to 5 years with a minimum deposit amount of $1,000 per CD. Certificate of Deposits are a great way to tuck money away, while earning a little bit of extra interest on the side. The current APY on Zions Bank CD’s are as follows:
Zions Bank is FDIC insured, so you always know your money is safe and secure. They also offer mortgage and credit card products, boasting some of the lowest rates in America. Anyone looking for a place to store their hard earned money should strongly consider the product line Zions Bank provides. You might just find that this one Utah based bank can handle every aspect of your banking needs.