On the Sharing of Personal Finance Information
There are a lot of bloggers online sharing specific details about there finances. I share our net worth each month. Other examples include Madame X at the appropriately named My Open Wallet, who has her net worth (>$500k as of 11/15/11) listed on the front page of her blog. Also, NCN at the No Credit Needed network lists over a hundred net worth profiles you can compare yourself to.
While I’m not fully disclosing my finances on Prime Time Money, you can get a glimpse by checking out our savings and debt reduction goals. And if you stick around long enough, you’ll get a feel for what I make and how I spend my money.
Pictures of My Wallet
To take it a step further today, I thought it would be fun to ‘literally’ show you, in pictures, what’s in my wallet. So without further delay here’s my beautiful billfold “centerfold”:
- License (behind handy privacy screen)
- Debit/credit card from Capital One 360 Checking Account
- Bank of America Platinum Plus World Points Card
- Insurance Card. We’re lucky. It’s a nice plan.
- Kroger Plus Card. Mrs. PT has the main one. This is just the backup.
- Texas CPA License. I worked too hard not to carry the thing around!
- Blockbuster Card. I rent maybe once every other month.
- Haircut punch card. Just a few more for a freebie!
- Receipts in bill area #1. Emptied once a week or so into home office desk till month end, when they are checked and shredded.
- Cash money in bill area #2. I withdraw $100 every 2 weeks for daily spending.
- Bonus pic of key ring: SUV, desk, house, mini library card, 2G jump drive, RSA token (work from anywhere secure).
By the way, my neat little wallet is from Fossil. I think it cost around $15, purchased three years ago.
Other Wallet Profiles
I know…I’m not the first to share this type of info. Here are some other wallet profiles:
- The Simple Dollar
- Free Money Finance
- All Financial Matters
- My Open Wallet
- Stop Buying Crap – Contains a huge list of other “What’s in My Wallet” posts.
To all you other pf bloggers, consider yourself tagged. If you end up writing a similar “What’s in My Wallet” post, please let me know and I will add your link above. If you’ve already done so, leave it in the comments below. Specifically, I’m calling out the following bloggers to share what’s in their wallets.
Check back in soon to see what else I may disclose. Subscribe by reader or with email to the Prime Time Money online magazine to get updates. Is your wallet neater than mine? Let me know in the comments below.