I’ve been fortunate enough to be able to work for myself during this down economy and one of the first things I did after quitting my day job was incorporate myself. This decision allowed me to save a bit on my taxes as well as open a business savings account and business credit card. And you can bet the first card I went after was the SimplyCash® Business Card from American Express because it is just an amazing small business credit card.
Let’s start by taking a look at the rewards program offered by the SimplyCash Business Card from American Express. In this case, the name SimplyCash holds true because every cardholder earns cash back on the following purchases:
- 5% cash back at U.S. office supply stores and on services from U.S. wireless telephone service providers
- 3% cash back on gasoline at U.S. stand-alone gas stations
- 1% cash back on other eligible purchases
And even with a large cash back percentage on gasoline, there is no limit to the amount of cash a small business can earn and cash back never expires. There is however a limit on the high cash back percentage. Once you’ve spent over $12,000/year per category, you will only earn 1% cash back.
The SimplyCash® Business Card from American Express is one of the rare small business credit cards in the American Express product line (vs. charge cards) and it includes a 0% intro APR on purchases for up to 12 months depending on credit history. The standard purchase APR once the intro rate expires is 12.24% – 19.24% variable and the rate your business will receive is based on credit. One last pricing detail to discuss … the SimplyCash Business Card from American Express has no annual fee.
Plus, because this is a small business credit card provided by American Express, you can expect dozens of perks no other issuer can provide. Some of my favorites are:
- Roadside Assistance – Guarantees you 24/7 help, even if you’re only a block from home; whether you’ve got a flat, empty tank, or need a tow to the nearest garage.
- Purchase Protection – Shop with confidence knowing that eligible purchases can be covered from theft and accidental damage up to $1,000 per occurrence and up to $50,000 per Cardmember account per calendar year.
- Global Assist – Guarantees you 24/7 medical, legal, financial, and emergency assistance when you’re more than 100 miles from home.
Any small business with excellent credit (or a small business owner with excellent credit) would benefit from owning this credit card. It really does have amazing services and fantastic cash back opportunities and with the American Express logo, you’ll be sure to impress any client. To complete an application online, visit the secure page for the SimplyCash® Business Card from American Express.
“Disclaimer: This content is not provided or commissioned by the issuer. Opinions expressed here are author’s alone, not those of the issuer, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the issuer. This site may be compensated through the issuer’s Affiliate Program.”