Barclay is not a name synonymous with American households. If not for being in the business of personal finance, I would only have seen it mentioned in advertisements every 15 seconds watching a premier league match on NBC. But over he last few years, Barclaycard has been making a major push in the US credit card market and now can boast a wide variety of credit card products that can match almost any card from any major issuer.
One of the most competitive cards in the cash back space, the Barclaycard CashForward World MasterCard® includes a array of top notch benefits including a $100 cash rewards bonus after spending $500 in purchases during the first 90 days. 1.5% unlimited cash back is provided on all purchases (no tiers, no quarterly categories) and to separate itself from the other 1.5% cash back cards out there. Barclays offers a 5% cash rewards redemption bonus. This means that every time you redeem your cash back, you earn an additional 5% in rewards (making your effective cash back rate 1.575%)
- Get a $100 cash rewards bonus after you spend $500 in purchases in the first 90 days after account opening
- Earn unlimited 1.5% cash rewards on every purchase
- Every time you redeem, get a 5% cash rewards redemption bonus to use toward your next redemption
- Redeem your cash rewards for a deposit into your bank account, a statement credit or gift cards. Redemptions start at $50.
- Cash rewards do not expire as long as your account is open, active and in good standing
- 0% introductory APR for 15 months on balance transfers made within 45 days of account opening. After that a variable APR will apply, 14.99%, 19.99% or 24.99%, depending on your creditworthiness
The Barclaycard CashForward World MasterCard® also offers the best in secondary features, including free online access to your FICO credit score, chip card technology (which is great for security, but a pain sometimes at department or grocery stores) $0 Fraud Liability protection so unauthorized purchases are not your problem, and NO ANNUAL FEE. When you take into account all of the rewards plus that little 5% bonus bump, it makes the Barclaycard CashForward World MasterCard one of the best cash back credit cards available on the market today.