About PT Money
This site is about helping you make extra money, save more money, and spend your money wisely. All in an effort to help you fix your finances so you can build the life you want. Read our best articles.
If that is something you want, and you want it sooner rather than later, stick around. We promise to deliver interesting, original, and unique personal finance tips, how-to’s, news, and commentary to help you achieve your goals with money.
Along the way you’ll be able to see PT’s actual progress with money, read about [or listen to] others having success, and take action in your own financial life. If this sounds good, click here to join the free email list to get regular updates.
Press Mentions & Outlets
- SmartAsset Talks to Philip Taylor of PT Money (Video) – SmartAsset
- Philip Taylor on Getting Rid of Debt & Pursuing Your Entrepreneurial Ventures (Podcast) – Entrepreneur on Fire
- 10 Easy Ways to Retire 10 Years Early – Men’s Health
- How To “Make It” As A Personal Finance Expert – Forbes
- Managing Your Personal Finances As An Entrepreneur: 14 Tips from Leading Experts – Inc.
- PT Money Featured on Fox Business’ Willis Report – Fox Business
- Philip Taylor’s Contributor Profile at Intuit’s TurboTax Blog – TurboTax
- Philip Taylor’s Author Profile at Business Insider – Business Insider
Headquarters: 8992 Preston Rd, Suite 110-214, Frisco TX 75034
PT Money is viewed more than 200,000 times on a monthly basis, and more than 5,000 people have subscribed to the site’s email list and RSS feed. Contact us for partnership opportunities.
What Other People Say About PT Money
“Philip has been producing great content on his blog PT Money for many years…” – Jeff Rose, Certified Financial Planner and founder of Good Financial Cents.
“In the last 2 years I have managed to pay off $20k in credit card debt. One sure reason was reading [PT Money] all the time…” – Florence Farrell, reader since 2009
“Philip Taylor [of PT Money] is a thoughtful personal finance blogger who offers helpful reviews…” – Liz Weston, #1 Most-Read Personal Finance Columnist
“[PT Money is a] common sense blog by a Texas CPA and personal finance junkie.” – David Weliver, Money Under 30
“[PT Money is] one of the authoritative blogs on personal finance…” – Tom Drake, founder of Canadian Finance Blog
A Note from Me, PT, the Founder
Hi. I’m the “PT” behind PT Money. I’m originally from a small town in Louisiana. I now live in North Texas with my wonderful (and frugal) wife, two talented little girls, and little man.
I created this blog back in 2007 as a way to share my own experiences with successfully managing my money, and to connect with others who were heading in the same direction. At the time I had too much debt in my life, not enough savings, and I was in need of a personal finance education.
Ironically, before this blog I had a career in financial auditing and public accounting. I’m a CPA, just like my Dad. My Mom is a writer. So naturally I found financial blogging as a passion. I love researching and writing about personal finance everyday.
I’ve had the pleasure of writing for US News & World Report, TurboTax, ING Direct, and PerkStreet. You can also find my work on countless other personal finance blogs. And I’ve even had a few TV appearances. But I prefer to be behind the keyboard.
I’m now fully self-employed, supporting my family using the income generated from this site. I’ve also gone on to create FinCon, the annual conference for financial nerds like myself. It’s a blast, and I get to hang out with my buddies and heroes.
None of this would have been possible had I not taken control of my financial life. I’m now able to shift my focus towards early retirement, growing my businesses, and investments in real estate. Not to mention more time investing in my family. (see what I’m doing right now)
I hope you’ll join me on this journey. Click here to join the email list today and receive my 7 Bonus Financial Tips to help get you started.
Why I Started PT Money
- I love talking/thinking/reading about personal finance. It’s just one of those topics I can’t seem to get enough of. The next logical step, of course, is to WRITE about it.
- I want to learn more. This effort will hopefully take my knowledge of personal finance to the next level.
- I want to be a contributor. While there are plenty of personal finance blogs out there, I believe there’s still room for my perspective to add some value.
- I want to be a better writer/communicator.
- I want to be a part of the development of the web. I’ve created websites and a couple of blogs in the past and have enjoyed the experience. Over the past few years because I’ve had so much going on, I haven’t been able to do those things and I’ve felt out of pace with the progression of the web. I’m looking forward to getting back in tune.
- I want to help others. There was a time when I was pretty ignorant on many personal finance topics. Or I just didn’t have the desire or discipline to follow through with any knowledge I had. Either way, I’m considering this blog as sort of a letter to myself seven years ago. Dear young PT, …
- I want to be motivated to achieve my goals. Having my goals and experiences out there for all to see will allow me to be held accountable for my words.
Headshots by Andrea B Photography.