(Update – 50,000 Bonus Point Promo!) When I started a new job in affiliate marketing back in 2007, the rage was all about credit card bonuses. At that time, issuers were falling over themselves to give away money up-front; with good reason. Cardholders would charge themselves into bankruptcy and the money made would be tremendous. After one large financial collapse and one new regulatory commission, credit card issuers have taken extreme caution in the way they market to consumers and as a result, the big up front bonuses of yesterday are few and far between.
The Barclaycard Arrival Plus™ World Elite MasterCard® is one of the few cards available today that still offers the big up front bonus. For a limited time, new cardholders will stand to receive 50,000 bonus miles after spending $3,000 in the first 90 days of account opening. Those miles convert to a $500 travel statement credit (which allows the freedom to spend them on any airline, with reimbursement). A full look at their rewards reveals the following benefits:
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 on purchases in the first 90 days – that’s enough to redeem for a $500 travel statement credit
- Earn 2X miles on all purchases
- Redeem for travel or cash back statement credits, gift cards and merchandise. Redemption values vary.
- Get 5% miles back to use toward your next redemption, every time you redeem
- Chip technology, so paying for your purchases is more secure at chip-card terminals in the U.S. and abroad
- Miles don’t expire as long as your account is open, active and in good standing
- No foreign transaction fees
- 0% introductory APR for 12 months for each Balance Transfer made within 45 days of account opening. After that, a variable APR will apply, currently 16.49% or 20.49% or 23.49%, depending on your creditworthiness. Please note, there is a fee for balance transfers
- Complimentary online FICO® Credit Score
- $89 annual fee waived for the first year
When you consider other travel rewards credits cards, the Barclaycard Arrival Plus™ World Elite MasterCard® actually stacks up. Double rewards on all purchases /up front bonus / 0% intro APR for 12 months for each Balance Transfer made within 45 days of account opening / and no annual fee for the first year is just about as good as can be hoped for. Standard purchase and balance transfer APR (after the intro period has expired) is 16.24%, 20.24% or 23.24% variable depending on your credit history, which is also pretty good (comparatively).
The name Barclaycard may not be that familiar to you, but Barclays is one of the largest banks in the world, so the name can be trusted. Seeing as this travel rewards credit card makes it easy to redeem miles, I think the Barclaycard Arrival World MasterCard is an easy recommendation for anyone who finds themselves on the road; frequently or otherwise.