PerkStreet Financial wants to help you get out of debt, and live a healthy, debt-free financial life. They are joining with me to give away the following prizes to four lucky PT Money readers:
What You Could Win
Dave Ramsey Starter Kit ($120 value) – If you’re just starting with Dave Ramsey’s principles, this is a great way to get immersed in the basics that will transform everything you do from here out. Dave covers his Baby Step plan in-depth, shares testimonies from other people, and teaches you step by step how to set up a cash flow plan and pay off your debt in a way that really works for you. Included in the kit is: The Total Money Makeover Hardcover Book, Financial Peace Revisited Hardcover Book, Cash Flow Planning DVD, Dumping Debt DVD, and the Starter Envelope System.
Total Money Makeover Book – This book hardly needs and introduction. When it comes to getting out of debt, Dave Ramsey is your man. This is his flagship book, which features the Baby Step plan to help you totally makeover your financial life. Dave doesn’t pull punches and his aggressive style will surely put you on the path to getting rid of your debt and into a healthier financial life. Dave Ramsey is really who started it all for me. I’m sure he can help you to.
The Simple Dollar: How One Man Wiped Out His Debts and Achieved the Life of His Dreams by Trent from The Simple Dollar – Trent Hamm found himself drowning in consumer debt, working in a job he couldn’t stand… and figured out how to escape that debt and build the fulfilling career he’d always dreamed about, all at the same time. Trent shared his experiences at TheSimpleDollar.com—and built it into one of America’s top personal finance websites. Now, The Simple Dollar is a book: packed with practical tips, tools, and lessons you can use to transform your life, too.
Your Money: The Missing Manual by J.D. from Get Rich Slowly – Keeping your financial house in order is more important than ever. But how do you deal with expenses, debt, taxes, and retirement without getting overwhelmed? This book points the way. It’s filled with the kind of practical guidance and sound insights that makes J.D. Roth’s GetRichSlowly.org a critically acclaimed source of personal-finance advice. You won’t find any get-rich-quick schemes here, just sensible advice for getting the most from your money. Even if you have perfect credit and no debt, you’ll learn ways to make your rosy financial situation even better.
PerkStreet: A Perfect Fit for the Debt-Free Lifestyle
You guys have heard me talk about PerkStreet Financial before. They are a one-of-a-kind checking account, helping you earn industry leading rewards on your spending using their debit card. But did you know that they make the perfect companion to those families and individuals who are looking to get out of debt and avoid debt in the future? With their debit card reward system you never have to worry about late fees, interest charges, etc. You are just spending your money (from the checking account), and earning really good rewards in the process.
Imagine if instead of creating more debt this holiday season, you created more cash through the PerkStreet cash back program. Think you can get the same from some other checking account? Think again.
Even those local high-yield reward checking accounts, can’t keep up. They pay up to 4%, but the accounts have balance maximums, limiting your reward earnings to at most around $200 a year.
Here’s more about how the PerkStreet cash back program works:
- Earn 2% cash back on every non-PIN purchases for 3 months after account is opened
- Earn 2% cash back on every non-PIN purchase when your balance is $5,000 or more or earn 1% cash back for balances below $5,000. Either way, you won’t find another bank in America that gives you more rewards on debit.
- Plus, sign up for an account by 11/15/2010 and earn 5% cash backon all non-PIN debit card purchases at the following popular holiday retailers until 12/31/2010:
- Best Buy, Gap, Toys R Us, Babies R Us, Kohls, Starbucks, Macys, JC Penney, Sears, Victoria’s Secret, Ann Taylor, Ann Taylor Loft, Dick’s Sporting Goods, JCrew
Sign up today for your free online checking account and the PerkStreet Financial℠ Visa® Debit Card – the debit card that helps you get debt-free. Visit www.PerkStreet.com.
Enter the Giveaway
Enter to win one of the four prizes from PT Money and PerkStreet:
- [Required] Leave a comment below telling me why it would be good to be debt free and which prize you want to win. Limit one. [1 entry]
- [10 extra entries] Become a fan of PT Money and PerkStreet Financial on Facebook and “@” mention us both in a status update about the giveaway. Limit one per day.
- [10 extra entries] Tweet about this contest with a mention of both @ptmoney and @perkstreet as well as a link to this blog post about the giveaway. Limit one per day.
Example Tweet or Facebook status update: “Win a Dave Ramsey Starter Kit and More [$175 Value] from @ptmoney and @perkstreet Enter the giveaway here: http://goo.gl/okxz”
Contestants will be split into four prize pools based on the prize they designate in the comments. Entries will be totaled and a winner from each pool will be randomly selected. Contest open to US Residents only. Contest ends October 27th, 2010 at 12:00 PM (noon) CST. Good luck.