I spent the past week in Vegas and actually brought home $6 in winnings (I’m not that big of a gambler)! How about that? I was there for a work thing so the trip was pretty much paid for anyway. I recommend setting a tight gambling budget when you’re in Vegas. Set your budget at an amount you’re willing to lose and chalk up as entertainment.
In addition to some fun times, I picked up some new identity theft tips at the work conference and plan on sharing those with you later this week.
I participated in the following carnivals this past week:
- 35th Money Hacks Carnival – The 1925 Railroad Edition at My Two Dollars.
- Festival of Frugality: Free extra money edition at Mighty Bargain Hunter.
- Carnival of Personal Finance #175 – “Jokey McJokester” ed. at Budgets Are Sexy.
There’s a new Digg-like social site on the scene: Tip’d
“Tip’d is a community for financial news, ideas, and tips. It operates as a social media platform, meaning the community (you) decides which news stories and investing tips should be published on our homepage. Tip’d users vote on stories they like by clicking the ‘Tip it’ button that appears next to each story, and then can comment by pressing the ‘Discuss’ link below the story.”
I encourage you to check it out for the best of the best in financial news and tips.
The Money Life Network provided some nice content this week:
- Ode To The 4 Hour Work Week – A Book Review
- A Tour of My Casa
- Stop Paying Taxes on Work Bonuses—Legally
- What Would People Do With A Stimulus Check? Reader Responses
- Next Economic Stimulus Package May Not Be Checks To Taxpayers
- Open enrollment: Save money with your benefits package
That’s all for now. Short and sweet. Have a nice Monday everyone!