Savings Goals from 2009
It’s the beginning of a new year and a great time to set some goals for yourself. I took some time today to think about the year ahead and what all I would like to accomplish. To help keep me accountable I’ve laid out my financial, blogging, and personal goals for the year.
Savings and Retirement Goals
Reach our savings goal in the FNBO Direct Pay Yourself First Challenge by March 1, 2009 – only $1,000 remaining to get to our goal of $7,500 DONE
- Max out 2008 Roth IRA contributions for Mrs. PT and I by April 15th, 2009 – $10,000 DONE
- Max out 2009 401k contributions & get the full company match by December 31, 2009 – $16,500 + match DONE
- Max out my company’s Employee Stock Purchase Plan twice (May DONE and November 2009 DONE) – 10% of paycheck (These shares are sold as soon as purchased. See ESPP flipping. Funds are used to pay property taxes)
- Maintain our emergency fund at the current level DONE
- Stretch Goal: Begin saving for a down payment on our next home or real estate investment DONE
This may look daunting, but most of it is done by automation and separation: two keys to increased savings. I’ll share more about my methods for saving in the coming year.
Want to see my goals from the previous year? Click to the next page.