I just returned from a week long training in Orlando, FL. It was a fun trip but I didn’t have as much time for blogging, commenting, emailing, etc. So I apologize if I’ve been a little out of touch lately. I did manage to post about the Flip Video Camera giveaway, which you should check out if you haven’t already.
The time in Orlando was great. I was able to bring the family along and we made it to one of the parks (Epcot) one night while we were there. We stayed close to the Downtown Disney area so we enjoyed that a few nights as well. Our one night in the park cost us around $100. Normally this would have cost us around $150, but we took advantage of the conventioneer after 4pm discount.
Disney World Ticket Tip: If you’re planning to arrive at the park after 2pm or 4pm, and you’re there on business, you can get reduced daily tickets at the Disney resort hotels’ gift stores. This is a benefit reserved for conventioneers.
Since we were out all week, we didn’t have time to do as much Christmas shopping as we wanted. Because it’s now past the point for most online retailers to be able to ship something by Christmas, we’re looking at alternative ideas, like the Amazon gift card.
Amazon Gift Cards
I like to use the Amazon gift card when I’m running behind and need to give something quick. Click the picture below to find out more about how they work:
There are 2 easy ways you can give Amazon.com Gift Cards in time for the holidays:
1) E-mail a personalized gift card for immediate delivery.
2) Print a personalized gift card on your home or office printer.
Visit the link above to give your gift card. You can even set it to go out on Christmas Eve or Day.
- Buying a Home vs Renting at Studenomics
- Best Personal Finance Practices of 2009 at Mrs Micah
- The 10 Financial Stories of the Decade at My Dollar Plan
- The guys at CreditCardFinder.com.au are back with another cool personal finance comic
- Why You Might Not Want to Wait Until You’re Married with Children to Get Life Insurance at Gen X Finance
- Christmas Deals this Weekend at Money Smart Life
- Popular Personal Finance Books Around Twitter at Free From Broke
- I Don’t Think I Get Personal Finance Blogging at My Journey to Millions
- Save $2,000 or More this Year at Gather Little by Little
- Carnival of Twenty Something Finances at How I Save Money
- Carnival of Twenty Something Finances at My Beauty and Fashion
- Carnival of Financial Planning at Dinks Finance
- Tax Carnival at Don’t Mess with Taxes
- Money Hacks Carnival at Len Penzo
- Carnival of Money Stories at Canadian Finance Blog
- Carnival of Personal Finance at Well Heeled Blog
- Carnival of Personal Finance at A Gai Shan Life
- Carnival of Personal Finance at Suburban Dollar
- Economy and Your Finances Carnival at One Mint
That’s all for now. Have a great Holiday week.