Roadtrips are a fun and inexpensive way to enjoy the summer. These vacations are always memorable, although not always in the ways we’d imagine.
If you’ve taken a summer road trip, it might have gone something like this, especially when you’re trying to save a few bucks.
1. Agonize for days over finding the best vacation deals.
Image by: dearbarbie
2. Decide to travel to where no one else will.
Image by: °Florian
Image by: kansasphoto
3. Obsessively plan every activity.
Image by: creativedc
4. Plan to wake up early and hit the road!
Image by: bark
5. But rush to leave when you’re hours later than planned.
Image by: royal_broil
6. Cram everyone and everything into one car.
Image by: Laurel Fan
7. Go to great lengths to avoid tolls.
Image by: indigoprime
8. Save a few bucks by renting the most “rustic” place you can bear.
Image by: ex_magician
9. Bring along the extended family.
Image by: timparkinson
10. Resort to the easiest and cheapest foods to prepare.
Image by: spcbrass
11. Get a good ol’ board game going.
Image by: zeitrafferin
12. Squeeze in a free tour or two.
13. Get back to nature.
Image by: wetwebwork
14. Bring back the best souvenirs $5 can buy.
Image by: Newtown graffiti
15. Head home and rest after an exhausting week off.
Image by: Tobyotter
How do you save money on your summer road trip?