Citi and Hilton Hotels teamed up some time ago to bring consumers a base version of their hotel rewards credit card. Having stayed at a Hilton Hotel a few times myself, I know that for consumers who travel a lot owning the Citi Hilton HHonors Visa Signature Card will find good value.
That being said, a new, higher rewards card has just been launched, titled the Citi Hilton HHonors Reserve Card from our partner Citi. And as impressed as I was with the first Hilton offering, this new card has even more benefit and upside for Hilton visitors.
Two Weekend Nights for FREE
The biggest and brightens feature that the Citi® Hilton HHonors™ Reserve Card has to offer is the up front bonus. All new card members that spend $2,500 in the first four months will receive two free weekend nights at any category 1-7 Hilton Hotel. The actual dollar amount of this bonus varies depending on which hotel you redeem with but the bonus can be in upwards of $1,000.
Also included in the rewards package is the following Hilton HHonors bonus point structure:
- 10 bonus points for every $1 spent on hotel stays within the Hilton portfolio
- 5 bonus points for every $1 spent on airline and card rental purchases
- 3 bonus points for every $1 spent on all other purchases
The above rewards structure is in addition to the base Hilton HHonors points you’ll receive during hotel stays
The variable APR to own the Citi® Hilton HHonors™ Reserve Card is 15.49% (Variable)*, which isn’t half bad but there is a $95 annual fee. Unfortunately, you won’t find an introductory 0% offer on purchases or balance transfers but to maximize your benefits from this card, that’s not a very necessary feature. Closing up the review, I have three more points I’d like to mention to illustrate the benefits of this card.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees – For those that travel internationally, using your credit card outside of the United States comes with an added money exchange fee. Not so with the Citi Hilton HHonors Reserve Card as all foreign transactions come without exchange fees.
- Automatic Gold Status – Cardholders will automatically received gold Hilton status and when you make $40,000 in a calendar year, you’ll be upgraded to diamond Hilton status.
Outside of the annual fee, the Citi Hilton HHonors Reserve Card is full of good news. The rewards package is very solid with 10x points offered in certain situations and the up front bonus is one of the largest and easiest to obtain today. Any American who finds themselves staying at Hilton Hotels even a few times each year would benefit greatly from owning the Citi® Hilton HHonors™ Reserve Card.
“Disclaimer: This content is not provided or commissioned by the issuer. Opinions expressed here are author’s alone, not those of the issuer, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the issuer. This site may be compensated through the issuer’s Affiliate Program.”
“The responses below are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser’s responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.”