The mecca of all small business credit cards has to be The Business Platinum Card® from American Express OPEN. When consumers think of spending power, the first thing that comes to mind is the AMEX Black Card, then the AMEX Platinum Card. Well American Express decided to translate all of the big perks and benefits consumers receive onto a business charge card and when you check out the details of what this card can provide, there’s no comparing it to anything else (including the annual fee!). And now for a very limited time, The Business Platinum Card® from American Express OPEN is offering 25,000 bonus points after spending $5,000 in the first three months.
If I had to classify The Business Platinum Card from American Express OPEN, it would be defined as a travel rewards business charge card. Every year, owners receive a $200 credit towards any fees charged during flight so things like food, drink and bags will be covered. In addition, when you use your Membership Points to book travel through American Express, a 20% discount will be provided. So for example, if 10,000 points are worth $100 in travel, you save 2,000 points when you book so the $100 in travel only costs you 8,000 membership points.
Also included with The Business Platinum Card® from American Express OPEN is a few dozen perks and privileges no other card offers. These include:
- Limited Time Offer: Get 25,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $5,000 in the first three months of Card membership
- Enroll and select a qualifying airline to receive up to $200 annually in statement credits for incidental fees, such as checked bags and in-flight refreshments, charged by the airline
- 20% Travel Bonus when using Membership Rewards® Pay with Points
- Take advantage of 40 premium benefits to help power your business
- Complimentary access to 600+ participating airport lounges through Priority PassTM Select
- Business Platinum Concierge is like your own assistant, ready to help you with just about anything personal or professional, 24 hours a day
- Purchasing power that can adjust as your business evolves
- Terms & Restrictions Apply*
The last thing to discuss are the pricing details on this card because it can get tricky and very expensive. The Business Platinum Card from American Express OPEN is a charge card, meaning purchases are due in full every month. A balance cannot be rolled over month to month and if it is, a fee will be charged and the account can be closed. Finally, owning this card comes as a steep price of $450 annually. Depending on how often this card is used, that annual fee can be significant, or barely noticed. Really depends on how well the perks are used.
There’s no doubt a business will turn heads when they pull out The Business Platinum Card from American Express OPEN but if you run a small business or just use credit cards casually, this is NOT the card for you. On the flip-side, if your business spends thousands of dollars a month on things like supplies, entertainment and travel, the savings and upgrades this card can provide are extremely worthwhile. If you or your business has the excellent credit required for approval, consider The Business Platinum Card® from American Express OPEN while the limited time offer is available.
“Disclaimer: This content is not provided or commissioned by the issuer. Opinions expressed here are author’s alone, not those of the issuer, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the issuer. This site may be compensated through the issuer’s Affiliate Program.”