Update – This offer is now EXPIRED
With more than a full year of owning a business credit card under my belt, I can tell you from first hand experience how valuable the asset of a business credit card can be. The continuous savings, the up front bonus and probably most importantly; the ease during tax season in separating business from personal are just a few features I take advantage of. Today, and for one week only, American Express is rolling out a limited time promotion for select websites which I will certainly be signing up for. The Business Gold Rewards Card from American Express is offering a 75,000 point bonus for new cardholders.
Business Gold Rewards Card from American Express OPEN Review
The Business Gold Rewards Card from American Express OPEN is not your typical small business credit card, rather a charge card which means purchases are due in full each and every month. For some small businesses getting started, a card like this is not ideal because no short term loan opportunity is attached, however with this large of a bonus offer (the largest of any business card on the market today), every business should consider applying for the limited time offer.
To receive the 75,000 bonus points, you must be approved and spend a minimum of $10,000 in the first four months of card ownership. That can be a lot for a personal credit card, but with business expenses, $10,000 in four months is very attainable. Additional details about the Business Gold Rewards Card from American Express OPEN are below:
- LIMITED TIME OFFER: Earn 75,000 Membership Rewards points when you spend $10,000 in the first 4 months of Card membership.
- 3X points on airfare
- 2x points on purchases in the U.S. for advertising in select media, gasoline at U.S. stand-alone gas stations, and shipping
- 1X points on other purchases
- Points are earned only on eligible purchases. Bonus points limitations apply.
- $0 introductory annual fee for the first year, then $175
- Introductory annual fee for Additional Gold Cards in the first year is $0; then, $50 for the first Additional Gold Card and no fee for other Additional Cards
- Terms & Restrictions Apply. Offer expires January 28th, 2013.
The standard offer for this card is usually 50,000 bonus points, so this is a 50% increase on top of that. You’ll also notice there is no annual fee for the first year (also exclusive to this limited time offer) so not only is AMEX giving away additional points, there giving away a years worth of service.
The Business Gold Rewards Card from American Express OPEN is certainly one of the best business charge cards, and an increased bonus opportunity pushes you that much more to give them an application. This limited time offer is available to just a few financial websites and will only be around for one week, so if you or your business travels often, is in need of a nice up front bonus or simply would like a new way to differentiate between business and personal purchases, this is your card.
- Business Gold Rewards Card from American Express OPEN Application Link