The credit card market seems to be changing on a regular basis these days and one of the offers that never seems to last very long belongs to the British Airways Visa Signature Card. Over the past few years Chase has been able to give away what is likely billions of Avios and they’re still hard it tweaking the most popular offer yet again. Right now, new cardholders of the British Airways Visa Signature Card will be eligible to receive 50,000 Bonus Avios after spending $1,000 in the first three months. It’s not the largest British Airways bonus we’ve ever seen … but it’s still very very good.
Additional details on the British Airways Visa Signature Card are as follows:
- Earn 50,000 Bonus Avios - You will get 50,000 bonus Avios after you make $1,000 in purchases within the first 3 months of account opening. Use your bonus Avios towards rewards flights. All reward flights are subject to taxes, fees, and carrier charges.*
- Smart Chip Technology - Chip with Signature technology allows you to use your card for chip-based purchases in Europe and beyond.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees - You will not be charged a foreign transaction fee when you make purchases abroad.
- Travel Together Ticket - Every calendar year you make $30,000 in purchases on your British Airways Visa Signature card, you will earn a Travel Together Ticket good for two years when you redeem for a flight on British Airways that originates in and returns to the US. Taxes, fees and carrier charges apply. For more details, visit ba.com/traveltogetherticket
- Earn Avios with Every Purchase - Cardmembers earn 2.5 Avios for every $1 spent on British Airways purchases and 1.25 Avios for every $1 spent on all other purchases.
- Bit of Brilliance - Double the value of your Avios. With a Travel Together Ticket*, you can take someone with you on your next reward flight without using any extra Avios. When you redeem for a British Airways reward flight that originates in and returns to the U.S. and use your Travel Together Ticket you and your companion can travel to the farthest corners of the world.
- $95 Annual Fee
One of the most popular (if not the most) credit cards offered in the last five years has been the British Airways Visa Signature Card. Having written and worked in the credit card space for so many years, this card is usually the first one off the lips of any travel connoisseur when you ask what’s their favorite credit card. 50,000 Bonus Avios is still an excellent starting point for new cardholders and if you’re planning a trip, domestic or international; this is an excellent choice as your go-to travel credit card.
- British Airways Visa Signature Card Application Link
“Disclaimer: This content is not provided or commissioned by the issuer. Opinions expressed here are author’s alone, not those of the issuer, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the issuer. This site may be compensated through the issuer’s Affiliate Program.”