Update - This giveaway has now ended. Using Random.org (5 times random) the winner of the $2,500 is Mecca R.! Congratulations to Mecca (you have been contacted) and thanks to everyone who was kind enough to subscribe and fill out a survey.
Since everyone seems to spend more money this time of year, I’m absolutely thrilled to announce that PTMoney is part of a six site, $15,000 holiday cash giveaway! One lucky PTMoney reader will be selected to win a $2,500 cash prize on December 24th, which I hope will bring a lot more holiday cheer!
Here are the rules of the giveaway:
- In order to participate, you must sign up for the PTMoney.com email newsletter and complete a short five question survey.
- Only one entry per person (duplicate entries on the same website will disqualify you from winning the $2,500 prize on that site)
- Winner must be a US resident
- The giveaway begins Wednesday, December 12th and concludes Sunday, December 23rd at 11:59 pm ET. The morning of December 24th, a winner will be chosen at random, (using Random.org), announced on the site and will have 72 hours to provide their name, address and social security number for tax purposes (yes, this $2,500 will count as miscellaneous income toward your 2013 taxes)
- The email address you enter in the survey must match the email address you use to subscribe to the PTMoney newsletter.
After you’ve completed the survey here, make sure you enter our friends giveaways for five more chances to win $2,500 in cash! Links to their giveaway pages are listed below:
- MyMoneyBlog.com $2,500 cash giveaway
- CompareCards.com $2,500 cash giveaway
- DoughRoller.net $2,500 cash giveaway
- Wealth Pilgrim $2,500 cash giveaway
- CashMoneyLife.com $2,500 cash giveaway
The survey I’m requesting you fill out is themed around students and credit cards. I’ve written a lot about student credit cards over the years here and was hoping to gather some research which allows me to present a few new ideas to credit card issuers on how to create better credit card options for students (the best two current options are below (in my opinion)). Please be as truthful as you can with your answers and feel free to post any questions, concerns or comments you have in the comments area below.
Capital One Journey Student Rewards -The Capital One Journey Student Rewards Card is another great option for students in need of credit. While the card does not carry an introductory offer, it does offer 1% cash back on all purchases. The Capital One Journey Student Rewards Card only requires average credit for approval, does not have an annual fee and has a 19.8% APR on purchases and balance transfers. In addition, students get a 25% bonus on the cash back they earn each month when they pay their bill on time. They also can earn up to 15% more cash back when they shop the Perk CentralSM retail network.
Citi® Dividend® Card for College Students – The Citi Dividend Card for College Students is our best overall college student credit card. The card sports a 0% intro APR on purchases for seven months, only requires good credit to be approved and carries no annual fee. As with all Citibank student credit cards, the Citi Dividend Card for College Students does NOT require a cosigner.
Thanks again for participating and good luck!